Saturday, April 18, 2009

Akshay avoids SRK in SA?

akshay-shahrukh


Last year Akshay Kumar avidly supported the
Indian Premier League (IPL) team Delhi Daredevils. This year, though he
is currently shooting in South Africa, he won’t be supporting any of the
teams. Even though the IPL involves some members of his own fraternity
like Shah Rukh Khan, Shilpa Shetty and Preity Zinta, Akshay intends to
maintain his distance. When quizzed on this matter, he was evasive, “I
am shooting during the nights for a TV show. I would like to spend my
day time catching up on my sleep, or spending time with my wife and kids
who are also here with me.”


But when we probed further we realised that Akshay was excercising
caution when it came to being associated with any event featuring Shah
Rukh. A source said, “There has been a constant attempt to pitch Akshay
against the Khans. So far, he has fought a lonely battle to develop and
maintain his brand name. Since two of his films have not done well this
year, attacks to devalue his equity are stronger. There’s a strong
attempt to demean his latest film Kambakkht Ishq. He even knows where
these attempts are emerging from.”


Akshay said diplomatically, “Right now, I do not want to say
anything. I know exactly who these people are and I wish they would do
their own work and let me do mine. The day I decide to speak out about
them, they won’t know where to hide. I’ve worked really hard on
Kambakkht Ishq and I won’t let anyone spoil it for me.”

0 comments:

 
Free Host | lasik surgery new york